Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August 30, 2010 - Roncevallas to Viskarret

Between the cold and the 2 guys that snored all night, I didn´t get much sleep. Left there around 7:30. My clothes did not dry by morning. Because they were still wet, they were heavy in my backpack. My pack is way too heavy. I keep trying to think of what I can ditch, but I actually do use everything I brought.

I can hardly move, every step is excruciating. I feel like someone took a sledge hammer to my legs. I tell myself, the good thing about leaving from Orisson yesterday is that I don´t have to do it today.

Only did 11.5 km today. Stopped in Viskarret about 12:00 and got a room at Casa La Posada Nueva. It was built in 1860. Beautiful building and very well kept. I actually had my own room and the use of a large bathroom which had a tub. I slept for 3 hours, got up and soaked in the tub for half an hour which felt very good.

Dinner was at 8:30. It is hard to get used to eating so late and then going to bed right after that.  Ate dinner with Liz and Jacques from Quebec who spoke mostly French. Our server was Bulgarian who only spoke Bulgar and Russian. We laughed alot trying to make ourselves understood. I told them about the guy on the mountain who didn´t think Quebec was part of Canada. They also thought it was funny. It was a fun evening, we drank a bottle of wine and then had a cup of espresso. Turned in around 10:30. Wonder how I will sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment