Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August 31, 2010 - Viskarret to Larrasoana

Took awhile to fall asleep. No more espresso before bed!! Got up at 6:30 and left around 7:00. Got to Zubiri at 10:50. Took me almost 4 hours to go 10.5 km, made 2 wrong turns. Probably walked at least an extra km. Have to be more careful and watch for the yellow arrows. Stopped at a bar and had a bocadillo and cafe.

Left Zubiri at 12:00. Arrived at Larrasona at 2:00, took me 2 hours to walk 5.5 km. Got a bed at the municipal albergue. By the time I got to the room there was only a top bunk left. This should be interesting, as soon as I stepped on the first rung I got a cramp in my foot!

Just wanted to go to sleep, but I remembered having to to shower in cold water. Took me till 4:00 to shower and wash my clothes and hang them out to dry.

Walked to the bar to buy juice and nuts for breakfast. Met up with Liz and Jacques. They bought me a beer and we chatted about how far we planned to go tomorrow.

Went back to the refugio to work on the blog. Was booked for the pilgram´s meal at 7:00. Ate at a table with 7 other French people. Even though I could not understand most of what they said I felt included in the conversation. To bed by 9:00

No comments:

Post a Comment