Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sept. 13, 2010 - Burgos to Rabe de las Calzadas

Woke up at 6:30 and thought, ¨I can sleep in if I want¨, so went back to sleep for another hour. Got up at 7:30, took my time getting ready, had cafe con leche and was on the road by 9:00. Walked very slow today. Stopped for a hamburger at Tardajos (8.5 km), walked another 1.5 km to Rabe de las Calzada and decided to call it a day. It is only 12:00 but I am tired and my ankle hurts. (In one of the albergues a while back there was a sign on the wall ¨Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional¨)

The albergue in Rabe de las Calzada is very nice, it looks new, it is not even in my guide book. Laid down and fell asleep instantly, slept for a whole hour before finding a shower and doing my laundry. (starting to get hot spots on my hands from ringing the water out of my clothes).

Sarah from Calgary is one of my room mates. She started her camino in Le Puy and has been walking since Aug. 2nd. She also agrees this is definitely a 5 star albergue. She says that after 3 weeks you can average 30 km a day.

Walked around the village (beautiful, quiet little village), sat outside in the little plaza for quite awhile, very relaxing, very peaceful).

Found the internet cafe (it was free and very up-to-date computers - you don´t see this very often).

Ate dinner tonight with George from India, 2 guys from the Netherlands and 2 girls from Germany.

It is only 8:15 and I am ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment