Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sept. 20, 2010 - El Burgo ranero to Puente de Vilarente

Had a great sleep, was on the road by 7:30. Walked 13 km, took a half hour break in Reliegos, walked another 6 km to Mansilla de las Mulas. Had originally planned on staying here, but the next place is only 6 km and I still felt ok to walk. Stopped at a bar to take a break. All tables in the shade were full except one that had a couple of people sitting at it. I asked if I could join them. They said of course. After talking for a few minutes, the guy said, ¨you sound like you are from Canada¨. Turned out to be Don & Mary Kay from Ottawa. Several people have asked me if I´ve meet them. We chatted for about half an hour then I carried on.

Got to Puente de Vilarente about 2:00. The refugio is nice - looks almost like a resort. However, it is adjacent to a pig farm and every once in a while the wind lets you know it is there. This is not one of my favourite villages, almost wish I would have stayed in Mansilla. Met Riete from Holland. We sat in the courtyard for most of the afternoon/evening just writing in our journals and looking at our maps and guides.

Still feeling sad. Today is Pat´s funeral, is actually probably happening as I am writing this.

Had dinner with 7 people from France who did not speak English. I did not feel much like socializing anyway so that was ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment