Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sept. 17, 2010 - Carrion de los Condes to Calzadilla de la Cueza

Left by 6:30. Contemplated not going at all. However, would have to find someplace to wait till something opened up. It is just easier to walk to the next place, which just happened to be 18 km down the road.

It was a long walk. The weather was quite cool and it drizzled every now and then. Can´t imagine walking this in the hot sun. There was a group of Spanish people that were so noisy. Don´t think I was the only one who found them annoying. I am really tired, think I need a break, usually I can just ignore the  noisy people.

Got to Calzadilla de la Cueza about 10:30. Sat and had a cafe trying to decide whether or not to go on. Everyone said it was too early to stop, especially since it was only 6 km to the next place. The noisy Spanish group sat at the table next to me. I wanted to yell at them to shut up. That made my decision. I didn´t even walk back to the albergue (it would have been to early to get a bed there anyway). I rented a room in the Hostel (same place as the bar where I am having cafe con leche). Went to my room and slept for 3 hours. It is nice to have a room to myself (my own bathroom with a shower no less!). I really do not feel like talking to anyone about anything.

Went for a walk to visit the Church but it was not open today. Walked back to the hostel/bar, ordered something to eat. Renata from Germany joined me, shortly after Lill from Norway joined us. We chatted all afternoon (and probably had too much wine, it was only 50 cents a glass until a young man came on duty, then it was 1 euro a glass, but it was a much better quality).

We went for dinner at 7:30 and sat with a French man from Madagascar (he lent me his scarf to wrap around my neck because I was cold. This is the 2nd time he has done the camino. The first time he learnt just to trust God. This time he is just walking for pleasure.) Also in our group was a young man from France (whose eyes sparkled when he talked) and a French guy and his son from Quebec (who started walking from Le Puy). Had a very nice time.

It is amazing what a few hours of sleep can make. This morning if you offered me a ride home I would not have thought twice.

Now I am looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings. It is 10:00, a little late for camino bed time, but I will sleep in tomorrow, start later and walk slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment