Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sept. 15, 2010 - Castrojeriz to Fromista

Didn´t sleep well because, as I thought, it was cold. Stayed in bed longer than I intended because it was dark and I didn´t know what time it was. By the time others started moving it was 7:10 so I didn´t get away till 7:30.

Walked the 26 km to Fromista with three 15 min. breaks. Almost stopped at Boadilla del Camino because I was tired and didn´t think I could go on. However, one albergue was closed and the other one was full (neither looked like someplace I´d like to stay). The albergue I am staying in at Fromista is very nice. It only opened last year, it is very clean and has a beautiful garden to sit in. Stephan2, Jessica & Randle are also staying here.

Stephan2 is leaving tomorrow. He  has to work on Monday. Will miss  him very much, it seems he has become a part of my camino.

Dinner was very nice (Stephan2, Jessica & Randle, Otilia from Bulgaria and Maria from Mexico), it was very relaxing and the food was one of the best pilgrim meals I have had - also, we only had to walk to the next room to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment