Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sept. 6, 2010 - Vania to Navarrete

Woke up around 6:00. Did not have a good sleep, was stiff and sore. Had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and left around 7:00.

Walked for two hours. Just before Logrono a lady was stamping passports and handing out figs from her fig tree - was a real treat!

Stopped in Logrono with Stephan1 and Stephan2 (both Stephan's are from Germany, but Stephan1 lives in England and Staphan2 lives in Austria) for a cafe con leche grande. Walked for another 45 min. then stopped for another 1/2 hour break.

It was hard walking although it should have been easier because it was a paved path most of the way. I think it had to do with the lack of sleep and lack of shade. Walking through a vineyard out of Vania was beautiful and peaceful. The sun was rising and I was by myself, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Got to Navarrete about 1:30 totally whipped. The albergue didn´t open till 2:00, so I laid down on a bench to wait. When it did open, the hospitalaro was not very friendly. He was rude to a guy from Norway who was in front of me. I did not get a good feeling about this place so I went looking for the other albergue in town. It was double the price, but it was worth every cent. Compared to last night I feel like I am at the Ritz.

Giselle from New Caledonia (Island off Australia) is sleeping in the bed beside me, the guy from Norway is sleeping in the bunk above me.

Went for dinner with Liz & Jacques and Johnny from Ireland. After dinner Johnny and I visited with a few people who slept in the park all day (one of the guys was the young Irish lad whose name I now know is Brian). They decided to walk all night because they slept all day. Johnny & I then explored the cathedral and when they booted us out because they wanted to lock up, we sat on the steps and chatted (we did not have a curfew, we actually had keys to our rooms to let ourselves in whenever we wanted).

Was another late night for a pilgrim.

No comments:

Post a Comment