Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sept. 18, 2010 - Calzadilla de la Cueza to Sahagun

Didn´t get up till after 7:00 and took my time getting ready. What a luxury it is to be able to turn on the light and have the bathroom all to myself!

Had toast and cafe with Lill and her sister Karlin from Norway. They are taking a bus to Leon. They only have 2 weeks left and will have to average 30 km a day in order to make it to Santiago.

Started walking around 8:30. It was kind of nice not leaving with the masses. It was very quiet and I walked much slower than I normally do.

Stopped in Ledigo for cafe (7 km down the road) walked another 9 km and stopped for almost an hour and debated as to whether or not to stop for the day. The girl at the bar told me there was going to be a huge fiesta in the village tonight and the music will be quite loud until the early morning. I decided to go the extra 7.5 km to Sahgun. Arrived there about 3:00. Many of the farm buildings in this area are made of mud, straw and stones. Really feel like I have stepped back in time. A lot of people say this stretch is boring. I actually find it quite pleasant.

Ate dinner with a guy from California and Gabriella & Wolfgang from Germany. It was very nice. Have seen Gabriella & Wolfgang several times since the beginning of my journey so it was nice to spend the evening with them. We talked about some of the things that happen on the camino that is hard to explain. Some people call them miracles, some call them magic, but it is definitely not something you experience in your every day life.

It is almost 9:00 and I am ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment