Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 27, 2010 - Flight

The flight to Minneapolis went quickly. The flight leaving Minneapolis was late, therefore arrived a few minutes late into Atlanta. It was rather a panic getting the connection in Atlanta. Didn`t know where I was going. The guy sitting beside me was very helpful, and patient. He had to explain the directions twice on how to get to the gate where I was to catch my flight to Madrid. There were a few of us that had to catch that flight, so most of the people waited for us to get off first (was sitting at the very back - economy class - row 44 - second last row). About half way down the isle there was a gentleman who was not impressed with having to wait. He stepped out in front of me. I had to stop short and my backpack threw me off balance. Didn´t realize it, but the top was open on my water bottle. Water splashed all over the back of his jacket and computer bag. Two ladies still sitting thought is was funny. Wouldn´t have wanted to be around when the guy realized his coat and bag was soaked.

When I finally got off the plane I had to run quite aways. In spite of being given the directions twice, after the 2nd left turn and down the escalator to my right, I was confused and had to ask an attendant for directions. The gate number had actually been changed and I had to take a trolley (reminded me of the LRT in Edmonton). Was the last person to board! Had to tell myself to chill out, wouldn´t have been the end of the world if I missed the flight, could have caught the next one.-- Did get a good workout running with my backpack. Haven´t even started walking yet and already I am thinking it is way too heavy.

Service on this flight was great. Even in economy class we were served dinner (with wine), free movies, T.V., pillow, blanket and continental breakfast.

Somewhere in the scuffle getting off the plane, I lost the light that was attached to my hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment