Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 26, 2010

My sister and Adam drove me to the airport. Arrived quite early. Check in was uneventful (except I forgot to take my boarding pass after putting it down when I repacked my bag after going through U.S. customs. One of the security officers tracked me down to give it to me. They really were quite friendly.

Since I was early I had time to start reading ¨The Camino Letters¨. A book written by Julie Kirkpatrick, a lawyer from Southern Ontario who walked the camino with her daughter in 2009. Julie did a book signing and reading at Rand and McNally on Sun. Aug. 22. Her presentation was very touching and I am so glad that I was able to go. She gave me an extra book to give to Tomas and Antonio in Manjarin. Their story is Chapter 11 of the book, so of course that is where I started reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment